One of the first steps in setting up the Marktplaats WooCommerce plugin, is authorizing your Marktplaats Pro account with WooCommerce. However, during this process you can experience errors. We have stated them below including the solution.
Shop is not registered
1) The permalinks are set on Plain
2) There is no valid SSL certificate problem installed. You might see an error like: cURL Error: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate.
3) The logs show: Response body has invalid JSON.
1) Go in your WordPress dashboard to Settings > Permalinks and configure your permalinks to anything but Plain. Try again to authorize.
2) Activate and install a SSL certificate via your hosting provider and try again.
3) This can have 2 different solutions. It is either related to the permalinks setting also or access to the WooCommerce REST API is blocked by a firewall, server or hosting provider.
Your website doesn’t have a valid SSL certificate.
Activate and install a SSL certificate via your hosting provider and try again.
1) Corrupt .htaccess file
2) The server firewall blocks any requests from the Woosa midlayer server
1) There can be many reasons why a .htaccess file is corrupted. It can happen already by installing a new plugin for example. Luckily it’s easy to solve!
Log in to the root folder of your WordPress installation via FTP and rename the
After that, try to click the button Click to register again.
2) To solve this issue we advise to whitelist the Woosa midlayer IP addresses on server level. You can find the IP addresses below:
We use ports 80 and 443.
The API connection between WooCommerce and your Marktplaats Pro account misses a a refresh_token.
Follow the next steps to solve this issue:
Try again to publish the product who threw that refresh_token error.
Can’t figure it out? You can always send a message to the support team via the chat bubble at the bottom right 🎈 Support to the rescue 👨💻 👩💻